The Milton Pickleball Association was founded in December 2018. With the excitement of Pickleball growth around the world, a few dedicated voluteers from around Milton and surrounding towns got together to form the association and provide a voice to players wanting to play in the Town of Milton.
As at: October 12, 2020
Mattamy National Cycling Centre (Velodrome)
The Town of Milton has reopened drop-in pickleball at the the Velodrome effective October 5, 2020. There is restricted access to the facility that will include:
- Maximum 30 players
- 7 courts for play, with 2 courts left open for social distancing
- Masks will be required while in the building except for during play
- Court sharing will be based on a Create Your Own Group format to limit the amount of player mixing.
- It is strongly recommended that players register for a pickleball drop-in session to ensure they have a spot when they arrive.
- In order to register for a drop-in session players must first Create An Online Account.
- Use the Drop-In Schedule to view availability and to register for a drop-in session.
Milton Leisure Centre
The Town has determined it is not ready to open the MLC for drop-in sports at this time. They have indicated that the rental of gym space is still available. You may want to consider gathering a group and renting space. Here is the link to that service. Rates (as of this writing):
- Half gym (2 nets) - $56.82
- Full gym (4 nets) - $74.74
- Insurance is $1.62/hour for up to 25 participants
All municipally owned facilities across Ontario are organizing new ways to introduce indoor sports in their facilities and Milton is no different. Patience as this all comes together will be the order of day.
Play Safe! Stay Healthy!
Make your own web page with Mobirise